[Techtalk] Linux game programming

Amy Hussey rpgirl1981 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:01:36 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Cynthia Kiser <cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Sadly, it doesn't seem to run on Linux (just Mac or Windows), but did
> anyone hear the NPR story about PeaceMaker this morning?
>
>   http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12056286
>
> I am not much of a game player - with or without a computer
> involved. But this sounded really interesting.
>
>   http://www.peacemakergame.com/
>
>   PeaceMaker challenges you to succeed as a leader where others have
>   failed. Experience the joy of bringing peace to the Middle East or the
>   agony of plunging the region into disaster. PeaceMaker will test your
>   skills, assumptions and prior knowledge. Play it and you will never
>   read the news the same way again.
>
> --
> Cynthia N. Kiser

Yes, I heard about that.  Sounds like it would be fun to play.

Regarding the games, has anyone tried to code their own SCUMM game?  It's a
fairly fun interface to use, and already has some good games for it (Indiana
Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the Monkey Island series, Beneath a Steel
Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen are the ones I've played; also the Mad
Max and Day of the Tentacle and such).  For that matter, has anyone played
any of these games?  They're fun and easy to blow an entire afternoon with!

Amy

--
FUD: Beware of the penguin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C_uncertainty_and_doubt

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.  (When all else fails, play dead.)  ~~Possum
Lodge Motto