[Techtalk] Sound recording in Feisty

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 14:07:24 UTC 2007

I am running Ubuntu Feisty.

If I record sound from the line-in input (or the microphone input) of my
sound card, using Gnome Sound Recorder, the recording seems to be fine,
but for some reason is only mono - this is confirmed if I open the file
in Audacity.

If I record in Audacity I can get stereo, but the sound is horribly
distorted - generally very "scratchy" and echoey.  I have tried changing
all of the settings in Preferences -Quality, and although some changes
altered the sound a little, none of them made it anywhere near to
acceptable.

Can anyone suggest either or both: (a) how to get stereo sound in Sound
Recorder (b) why I am getting such distortion when recording using
Audacity?

David

--
David Sumbler <david at aeolia.co.uk>