[Techtalk] two ubuntu distros on one computer

Roberta Gallini regina.amazzone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 22:27:59 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,
I have a Linux box working happily with Ubuntu 6.10.
The machine has two hard disks, one containing the OS, the other my
home partition.
I would like to try and use Ubuntu 6.04 64bit without erasing my
functioning partition and I need some explanation.
I would like to resize the Ubuntu partition and use a part of the disk
for the new one.
What do I need to do, to have grub functioning for both distros?
At present it is in the same partition as Ubuntu.
Second question: I tried and share the music folder under my present
Home, but when it asked be which host I would have wanted to access
the sharied folder, I didn't know what to write.
How would I share it among the two distros?
Sorry if this seems trivial to you, but while I learned how to use
Ubuntu, many things are still unclear.

Thank you very much
Roberta