[Techtalk] irregular monitor flicker

Robyn M rob_39 at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 25 03:44:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:16:22 -0800
Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

> My nice not-very old (about two years old) 19" CRT has developed a
> problem- it flickers occasionally in an odd way. The screen image
> shrinks a tiny bit, maybe an eight of an inch, then goes back to
> normal. Sometimes it does it several times, then stops. There's no
> regular pattern to it. Is my monitor dying already? The video card
> is the same age. I checked that its cooling fan works, and the case
> temperature and cooling are fine. What else can I investigate?
> http://127.0.0.1/
Hi Carla

Have you recently moved any electrical items in the house to
different power points eg. fridge ?? When a fridge turns it's cooling
on and off there can be interference on the power.

Do you have speakers near the monitor and if so turn them off and
wait to see if the problem is still there.

Do you have power cords for other things in the room laying across
the back of the monitor or near it?

Has someone in the house taken up welding, because this can cause
havoc with monitors?

Regards

Robyn

--
And above all society needs to encourage the spirit of voluntary
cooperation in its citizens. When software owners tell us that