[Techtalk] MSN connectivity problem

Amy Hussey rpgirl1981 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:45:21 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am having issues with Kopete connecting to MSN.

I've tried to set it up using the HTTP method with port 80 and using the
standard method (port 1863) and have had no luck.

I usually get an error message that says "incorrect password" or it doesn't
connect (the butterfly flaps for a little bit, then turns grey).  What gets
me is that it was working just fine a couple weeks ago when I changed my
system.

I'm running Kubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft).

I've looked over the forums on the Ubuntu website, but I don't find any
answers other than something about ports being blocked.

Amy

--
FUD: Beware of the penguin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C_uncertainty_and_doubt <-- Read if you

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.  (When all else fails, play dead.)  ~~Possum
Lodge Motto