[Techtalk] Re: kicking unwanted users off the network

Tracey Clark grrliegeek at elenari.net
Mon Jan 15 14:32:15 UTC 2007

The words below were brought to you by Carla Schroder->

> Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:
> > hey all, I remember once upon a time there was a simple way to
> > boot users off  the network, as long as you knew their IP address.
> > But I forgot, and my  google-fu is failing me- what ways are there
> > to punt off unwanted users?
(snip)
> That works fine, mwahaahaa. It's not the one I remember, though, which was
> a single command. I think I was a reading a TCP/IP book.  arrggh old
>memory arggh arggh

So I had to go looking to see if I could find how to do this.
My books are at home, so I tried Google-fu.
The command I think you're looking for is tcpkill.
http://tinyurl.com/ygfuqs

While searching I also found this open source tool which kills network
traffic you specify:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/cutting-the-tcpip-network-connection-with-cutter.html

--
Tracey C
Linux Counter #264789

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection which is
noblest second, by imitation, which is the easiest and third, by
experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius