[Techtalk] procmail recipe wont work

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 07:38:14 UTC 2007

Ar Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:13:18AM +0000, ysgrifennodd Conor Daly:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:25:25PM +0100 or thereabouts, Wim De Smet wrote:
> >
> > Ah cool, I only saw your other post after sending mine. Damn you gmail
> > and your broken threading! Good to know about the ^TO thing then, I'll
> > have to start using that.
>
> It's all down to our Telsa.  When I started out with mutt, I started using
> "Telsa Gywnne's over-long muttrc" which I found at
> http://zenii.linux.org.uk/~telsa/BitsAndPieces/cave.html via the "User
> Config File Samples" on http://www.mutt.org .  Then I found her procmailrc

Aww! Actually, the stuff on ZenII has moved to ZenIV (don't ask what
happened to number III). Thanks for reminding me; I had better tell
the mutt people to update the link to

http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/~telsa/BitsAndPieces/cave.html

(Now with added spamassassin rule: a sign of the times..)

> and adapted that.  So, once again, thank you Telsa...

You're very welcome. The procmail and mutt rc files seem to have
struck a chord with people: I still get intermittent emails saying
people are taking them as a basis for their own.

It rather validates my initial feelings on first looking at the man
pages for both of them. "Oh my god, _how_ many man pages? What's a
regexp? How is it different from a pattern? Help, I only want to
sort my mail!" Clearly I was not the only one to feel that way :)

Telsa