[Techtalk] DVD on linux

Joshua Raphael P. Fuentes joshuarpf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:24:58 UTC 2007

of course there is, I watch dvds on my PC, running on SLED 10.

If you're using SUSE , you'll need to get these packages
1. libdvdcss
2. win32codec-all
3. libffmpeg
4. Mplayer ( wich can also be the CLI or the graphical version)

I get mplayer to run some video files, but once you have these 4, all
you gotta do is update via zend, and you'll be up and running in no time
. As for my experience, It runs best on either mplayer or kaffiene.
Kaffiene is my favorite, so I use it most of the time.

You can get tutorials on how to go about  doing this from the jem report
website. Just search on google, using the keywords "HACKING SLED". It'll
take you right to it.