[Techtalk] Age-old cron problem

Nicoya Helm nicoya at nicoya.org
Mon Dec 10 17:20:49 UTC 2007

I stumbled across a similar suggestion shortly after sending my last
email. Not sure how I missed it in my first searches, but it works well
- wish I'd thought of it myself :).  Here's what I tested (found at
http://sysunconfig.net/aixtips/cron_trick.txt)
____________________
WK=`date +%W`
ON_WK=`expr $WK % 2`

# to test for and execute on odd week, uncomment the =1 line
# to test for and execute on even week, uncomment the =0 line

#if [ $ON_WK = 1 ]
if [ $ON_WK = 0 ]
        then
        echo $BODY |mailx -s "test email" user at email.com

fi

~~~Nicoya...
---KC0VVR---
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." --George Eliot