[Techtalk] Dillon's Cron No Longer Sends Email?

Kai MacTane kmactane at gothpunk.com
Sat Dec 8 21:06:20 UTC 2007

Elwing wrote:
> I'm not sure on details, but check your mail server logs to see if
> anything is being sent to the mail server.  That might give you some
> details.  (such as somehow the cron daemon/localhost managed to get
> spam blacklisted)

Thank you, this was most helpful! I checked in the logs and found a lot
of: "status=bounced (mail for silmemar.org loops back to myself)" where
silmemar.org is my machine's canonical domain, but all the user accounts
are receiving their email at gothpunk.com and freaknation.com with no
problems.

But root gets mail at root at finrod.silmemar.org.

Now I'm happily receiving my cron mail again (along with all other
mail). (Still trying to figure out how to move the Postfix setup from
the current "as simple as can be" local accounts to virtual aliases
instead. But I'll bang my head against that a few more times before I
ask for help here.

Thanks again.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Why can't I live a life for me?
  Why should I take the abuse that's served?
  Why can't they see they're just like me?
  I'm not the one that's so absurd!"
                                                 --Ministry,
                                                  "Every Day is
                                                   Halloween"