[Techtalk] killed my xserver

Figaro ynegorp at charter.net
Fri Dec 7 18:26:20 UTC 2007

Hello,
you may want to try
#apt-get -f upgrade
Then try to restat X to see what happens.
  Next possibly
> cat /var/log/XF86.0.log | tail
#discover <enter>
#dpkg --reconfigure 'whateverXserver' (> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86)
#/etc/init.d/gdm stop <enter>
#/etc/init.d/gdm start

Still problens?
> http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/debian-linux-help/60792-1st-time-video-problems-newbe-please-help.html

> http://www.debianhelp.org/
Sometimes the issue is related to changed mouse type naming and connection.
mattew