[Techtalk] Programming language for a beginner?

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 04:31:35 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 10:04 PM, Sarah Newman <newmans at sonic.net> wrote:
> When you are comfortable with at least one language, I would try
> different languages that encourage different programming paradigms.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_paradigm
>
> The ones to look at are object oriented, procedural, and functional.
>
> Someone help me out with languages for each, but I'm thinking python, C,
> and scheme.

In the scheme of things it is also worth looking at the local job
market, area (embedded systems, web programming, DB and so on),
matching your skills to those usually required and then spending time
and money in learning if you want to program for a living. Learning
Fortran is interesting but when listed on a CV, wont really net you a
job.
....just my 2 paise.
--
Wishes,