[Techtalk] opinions wanted!

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sat Dec 1 00:48:35 UTC 2007

Wow, that's some great feedback. So far, combined with suggestions from IRC,
and the astonishing pace of Linux development, I have enough topics for a
series of books!

The second edition will come out early next year. I'm seriously thinking of
adding a part 2.

I chose Vim and Joe because I was targeting sysadmins, who typically edit
small configuration files. Sure you can use Emacs, but it's overkill unless
you're already using it for other things.

Troubleshooting will definitely be in there.

This comment should amuse you:

"OS innovation has never been slower: Windows and Mac users have never had to
wait longer between OS releases. They've never been unhappier, either: many
users of the latest incarnations of these operating systems - Vista and
Leopard - feel like abused guinea pigs."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/29/web20_microsoft_antitrust_comment/page2.html

Obviously the article author has not kept up with Linux.

Carla

--
Carla Schroder

many more Linux howtos at