[Techtalk] using aptitude

Anna Loosen anna at musoftware.de
Sat Aug 25 12:38:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 05:26:15PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> So, I've started using aptitude, first by just using the commands that
> are the same as apt-get (I did dist-upgrade), and now I started looking
> at the interface. What does it mean "These packages could be upgraded,
> but you have asked for them to be held at their current version." How
> did I do that and where?

It means, that there are newer packages. They could be updated, but you told
them not to stick with this old version (maybe by using the hold option?)

You can unhold them, by specifying "unhold" before the packet name.

You should be sure, that the newer version of the packet does not correlate
with other dependencies :)

Hope this helps
	anna

--
So this is how it feels like to be potato salad

Anna Loosen                                          anna at musoftware.de