[Techtalk] OpenOffice and DocBook

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 30 07:25:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:18:45AM +0200, Clayton wrote:
> >So, the good news is that it's a known bug, and the bad news is that it
> >isn't going to be fixed until the twelfth of Never. (sigh)
>
> Well.. never say never :-)  There are a load of changes in the works
> for OOo... some major improvements and functionality changes on the
> go.  Sun just announced a new report designer for Base, there is an
> ongoing effort to roll in Thunderbird and Lightning as an
> email/calendaring tool.  The plugins and filters are also on the list
> of things that need fixing.. and they will eventually be hunted down
> and squashed.

It looks as if someone in Kubuntu (or Ubuntu) has silently squashed this
bug without telling anybody; I have a friend who's running Kubuntu on
his laptop, and while the version of OpenOffice.org that he's running
there is only 2.0.2, *his* version of OpenOffice.org doesn't have this
bug!  It reads DocBook documents fine.

Unfortunately, despite spending hours trawling through Ubuntu bug
reports, I haven't been able to find any hints of how or where this bug
was fixed.  I suspect therefore that the fix was a side-effect of fixing
something else, but I haven't got a clue as to what.  It isn't the XSLT
stylesheets, because the docbooktosoffheadings.xsl file is practically
the same in both the working and the nonworking version.

'Tis a puzzlement.  Anyone got any ideas?

Kathryn Andersen