[Techtalk] Writing a Linux version of a Windows program

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 00:33:50 UTC 2006

I often find free software that sounds interesting but is written only
for Windows.  I am sure that, in many cases, the author of the
software would be happy enough to allow a Linux version of the program
to be written.  I suppose that most of these programs are written
either in C or in Visual Basic.

Are there any sources (books, websites etc.) which give information
about how to go about rewriting a Windows program to run on a Linux
machine?

David

david at aeolia.co.uk