[Techtalk] spam filters

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Fri Oct 27 05:28:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 03:51:31 -0400, Terri Oda wrote:

> This reminds me, I'd been meaning to find out if anyone had written
> some OCR (optical character recognition) to plug into spam assassin for
> these stupid image-spams.  I guess since updating spam assassin hasn't
> helped with the problem, the answer is probably no.

This recent message on the SLUG list says the answer is yes :-)

    http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2006/10/msg00381.html

and a follow up with a quick procmail hack to block image spam:

    http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2006/10/msg00382.html

Cheers,

John
--
I use shell scripts at ork. Some cow-orkers refuse to touch them, their
excuse is usually "I don't understand perl".  Their fear of perl is such