[Techtalk] PHP question

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Tue Nov 28 17:02:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:01:14 +0100
Chantal Rosmuller <chantal at antenna.nl> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I hope I can also ask a PHP question here, I also sent it to the
> PHP general  mailing list but up to now I haven't gotten the
> answer I was looking for.
>
> I'm working on a mailform and it's kind of working but I still
> have 2  problems:
>
> 1) I can't get the From header right, when I receive the test mail
> the sender  is apache
> 2) The BCC headers (there's more then one) are not stripped.

I always used the PHPMailer class.  It just made accessing mail
easier.  However, one of the problems you're having still remained,
even using the PHPMailer class.  Mail sent using a script on your
web server is "automatically" sent using the web server user.  In
your case, I think that user is "apache".  To me, this indicates you
need to make some changes to your MTA, which is doing the
"automatic" replacement.

Do you run your own mail server?  What MTA are you using?

--
Raquel