[Techtalk] photo printers

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Nov 17 21:35:40 UTC 2006

I want to give a plug for the Canon Pixma line of photo printers. Forget
Epson- they clog too easily and guzzle ink like drunks on parade. My little
Pixma makes great-quality prints on all kinds of paper, and you don't have to
run it constantly to keep the ink nozzles from clogging. I had to buy
TurboPrint to get good drivers, and it was worth it- it's really nice.

HP is suppose to have great Linux support and open drivers and everything, but
I've heard a lot of stories of how they shortchange you on ink or toner. I
wish someone with money would buy a few and cut them open to see. :)