[Bulk] Re: [Techtalk] gui help cross platform

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Fri May 26 11:31:46 EST 2006

Hi Helen,

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 09:32 -0400, Helen wrote:
>  I don't have a server only a laptop running winxp.  I have added cygwin, perl and tk/tcl to the laptop.

You'll need a web server to serve up a web page and act upon a button
click. On the laptop, you can install Apache (web server) using cygwin
or you can turn on IIS (Start-> Settings -> Control Panel ->
Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services).

Apache is the better option - it's more flexible.

hth
chris