[Techtalk] Alternative ways to implement a mailing list...

Jason Landry jaselan at gmail.com
Thu May 25 01:56:44 EST 2006

I've got enough I think for a running start on the web/ML/script
angle... thanks Tamara.

I want to go for one more round on "MLM proper" though, if that's cool
with [you] and the Chix (I love saying Chix instead of "guys").

So I caught that nuance on MLM... with e.g. GNU Mailman, boom; you've
got it all... your *first* kind. And yeah, the *second* "dumbed down"
-- if you will -- kind too.

So my last hurdle is back to this e-mail aliasing under web hosting
issue. I see where you describe a "many to one" dynamic (I think), but
I'd like to go the "other" way. So for example; should I be able to
create a.. oh let's say "techtalkATdomain" address, and then be able
to create a *list* [somehow] of e-mail addresses (i.e. the
"subscribers") so that when someone -- even a spammer -- sends to
"techtalkATdomain" then BOOM; that msg goes to all the e-mail
addresses in the "subscriber" *list*?

-- J