[Techtalk] Help with Linux class outline?

Carmen Marcinko cmarcink at uoguelph.ca
Thu May 18 23:47:41 EST 2006

Just delurking to add a suggestion that would assist them with real life
Linux work.  I'm a Unix Sys Admin by trade and have taken quite a few
courses over the years.  The most valuable ones to me on the job have
been the ones that deal with troubleshooting.  I don't know what your
facilities are like, but a lab setup, with say a dozen computers or so
previously installed and modified by you so that there's something wrong
with each one.  Like circuit training, you go around to each computer
and try and figure out what the problem is and resolve it... can't log
in, can't mount filesystem, can't launch Gnome, can't boot because of a
corrupt system file or grub.conf file, X windows won't start, can't surf
the internet, can't print etc etc.

Cheers,
Carmen