[Techtalk] iptables, dmz, public addys

Melissa Meyer melissa at ginormus.com
Tue Mar 14 08:19:56 EST 2006

Sounds like what you want to do is have the firewall nat traffic for the
lan and set up a transparent bridge for traffic to the dmz.

When using the linux bridge, servers on your dmz are set up with the
public ips.

I believe you can set up something like below which I think is port
address translation but it may not be necessary to add the extra route
for your dmz.