[Techtalk] SuSE package for Python

The Gasman offthedeepend at witty.com
Mon Jun 26 05:31:19 UTC 2006

Thanks All,

You know what I found out. The documentation for Python was obsolete. Actually, the "$" for the command prompt is not being used with the newer releases of Python. The "#" is the command prompt with the newer version. When that is used, it works (version 2.4.2) It turns out that SuSe 10.1 had Python already installed (which is what I thought it had in the first place). It was just installed with an updated command prompt. It seems almost nobody, no matter what operating system we might use, puts strong emphasis on current documentation.