[Techtalk] Bind DNS issues...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Mon Jul 31 14:00:09 UTC 2006

At 09:10 AM 7/31/2006, Mary wrote:

>In future, I suppose one possible debugging addition is to check the
>logs on the
>slave as well as the master, assuming you control the slave. I think the
>slave will actually log errors when it can't transfer the record.

You're right, it was logging errors, but I just didn't
understand *why* it wasn't transferring those
records until I examined the master server log files.

Not-your-brightest-sysadmin, :-)
Walt

-~

     Everyone has a talent.  What is rare is the courage to follow
     the talent to the darkest places it leads.
                         Erica Jong