[Techtalk] Grub defaults after new kernel image install

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Jul 26 15:00:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 23:23, Cynthia Kiser wrote:

> Quoting Gina Lanik <geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at>:
> > How do I determine which one was booted last except for rebooting and
> > checking which one grub "suggests" due to savedefault? Maybe I didn't
> > understand the concept properly?
>
> I don't have anything set up using savedefault, so I can't look. But
> just a guess, is there file in with the grub stuff with a mod time
> that suggests it was written the last time you booted?

Good thinking. I took a peek in /boot/grub, and there is a default file. It
looks like this:

0

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
# WARNING: If you want to edit this file directly, do not remove any line
# from this file, including this warning. Using `grub-set-default\' is
# strongly recommended.

Zee mystery she is solved.