[Techtalk] Linux on NTFS? - digest reply

Lucia Sanchez lu at gusilu.net
Sat Jan 14 23:21:43 EST 2006

David Sumbler wrote:
> But we don't know what e-mail client Kathleen is using do we?  It
> might not be mutt, gnus, pine or anything we've even heard of, so far
> as I can tell!

Some mail clients add a User-Agent header to mail sent, and Kathleen's
is set to "Mutt/1.5.11", the same way that yours is set to
"Gnus/5.1006(Gnus v5.10.6) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)" :-P  So if a mail
client adds that header it's easy to know which MUA someone else is using.

Some mail clients show this header by default; for example, I use
Thunderbird with the "Display User Agent Extension" so I get a little
picture associated with the MUA, a little dog in the case of mutt :-)
--
Lu.