[Techtalk] recording sound (skype)

henna hennar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:04:17 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get my microphone to work under linux, unfortunately
it's not going very well :(. The only hints I've been able to find
have been to unmute the the mic parts in alsamixer. So far I guess
it's the OS itself wich is causing problems :), So is there anybody
who've made it work that can give me some hints? (or keywords to
google for, since I'm not even having much luck with that)

I've got an Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER
(ICH5/ICH5R) A C'97 Audio Controller (rev 02) (according to lspci) and
am running Gentoo. (not that should make a difference, but you enver
know :))

henna

--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"