[Techtalk] cute screen games (was: hp 3620 won't print)

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Feb 21 17:28:02 EST 2006

mrs ward writes:
> Also, 8.0 had a bunch of cute things like TuxEyes and the little guys
> parachuting down the screen.  I found it in the games area and it always made
> me smile.  9.2 does not have that anymore or moved it to another area.  Do
> you know how to find it?  I know it's dumb, but Tux is one of the reasons we
> like Linux so much.

I don't know where it might be in the SuSE repositories, but the
penguins parachuting down the screen is called xpenguins, so you
might be able to find it searching for that name, or if it's no longer
in SuSE, you can probably find a source package with a google search.
I think I remember building it once and that it was a very small and
straightforward package (easy to build), but I might be thinking of oneko
(the one where a little cat chases the mouse cursor around the screen).

	...Akkana