[Techtalk] network analyzer

Chris Henderson hendersochris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 03:43:51 UTC 2006

Hi all

I'm after a free out-of-the-box network traffic analzyer which would
query snmp and netflow
from Cisco routers and generate aggeregate graphs end of the month in
terms of total upload and download. It would also be good to know outbound
traffic to, say, port 80.

I have had a look at catci (which listens on the virtual interface)
but it only gives out the bits per second (bps) data. And I would need
to have a plugin to get the per-port specific graph.

I also looked at ntop but doesn't keep historical record for me to
generate any graphs. I also looked at scrutinizer and big brother but
they come with a price tag on them.

Is there any open source product that would do the job for me easily?

Thanks.