[Techtalk] Media Server

Melissa Meyer melissa at ginormus.com
Mon Aug 21 17:04:18 UTC 2006

I think gmediaserver and gmediarender will work here (or djmount).  Run
gmediaserver on the desktop to publish your media directory and
gmediarender or djmount to mount the published directory on the laptop.
The programs use upnp to do the talking.  I haven't tried this yet but
it looks promising.  I think the geexbox music server does all this for
you.

--

Equations are the devil's sentences.
				--Stephen Colbert