[Techtalk] Re: Windows reverse engineering help wanted

Meredydd Luff meredydd.luff at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 15 17:51:29 UTC 2006

Hey there,

On 8/15/06, Andrea Landaker <qirien at icecavern.net> wrote:
> You might have more luck finding someone familiar with the protocol on the
> GAIM (gaim.sourceforge.net) or Kopete (kopete.kde.org) or some other
> messenger's mailing lists.  If all else fails, you could try looking at the
> source for one of these projects, but I'm guessing it'd be messy.
>
> Good luck!

Thanks for the pointer, but this is not the "mainstream" Yahoo
protocol, which is covered by that code. I actually used to be lead
developer for a multi-protocol messenger client myself (Everybuddy,
now Ayttm [.sourceforge.net]), and I know the people responsible for
the Yahoo code in both of the projects you mention. Unfortunately, as
I say, this isn't what I'm after :-\

Meredydd