[Techtalk] apache, plone and mod_proxy headache

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 7 18:05:11 UTC 2006

I am not entirely clear about your internal and external virtual
hosts. Do you mean that you have two name based virtual hosts with
different IPs - one for the world and one for some local network you
have? Perhaps someone with more Apache-fu than I will jump in and
explain if you can do what you want with mod_proxy.

In the mean time, I might try doing the same thing with mod_rewrite
and see if that cooperates. This line (adapted from my load balancer
-> apache -> plone configuration) might work:

 RewriteEngine On
 # everthing straight to Zope
 RewriteRule ^/lab/(.*) http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http//bslin11h.essex.ac.uk:80/VirtualHostRoot/bioinformatics/$1 [P,L]