[Techtalk] iPod and ID3 info

binaryjane at gmail.com binaryjane at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 00:46:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running ubuntu, and using gktpod to sync with my iPod, as well as
id3v2 to edit metadata.

So far I have been unable to get my iPod to classify my podcasts as
podcasts. The podcast directory simply comes up empty, and all my
podcasts show up as songs.

I've tried
--TCON 255
as well as
--TCON Podcast

With the --TCON tag I can now use the
music > genre
selector to consolidate my podcasts, but now my curiosity has been
aroused: What is the basis for the music vs. podcast vs. audiobook
classification on the iPod?

I've asked google every possible combination of
ipod podcast metadata ID3 tag directory classification
and probably several others, in order to determine what would cause
iPod to put the 'casts in the podcast directory. It seems to me I'm
asking the wrong question, and I haven't the faintest idea what the
right question is!

I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction!

Kind regards,
Kat

--
Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
-Jennifer Unlimited-