[Techtalk] Apt on RedHat

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Tue Sep 20 01:44:09 EST 2005

I've gotten used to running Apt on Debian: no more installation
nightmares.

I haven't used Red Hat for several years, and my question is: is how
does Apt on Red Hat compare to Apt on Debian? In particular, can you
download+install packages on Red Hat as easily on Debian? Does either
system maintain particularly more recent libraries? (Sometimes you have
to settle for the previous version when you use Apt because the current
version hasn't been packaged.)

--
  I long to accomplish a great and noble task; but it is my chief
  duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great