[Techtalk] distro for production server

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Sat Oct 15 09:54:14 EST 2005

On Oct 14, 2005, at 10:22 AM, Elwing wrote:
> I second Debian stable as a server.  The Debian group works *very*
> hard to make sure that changes to stable do not break anything else
> in stable.  And it still gets security updates :)

I third Debian stable. That's the distro I always used for headless
servers. Can't complain at all.

Michelle

Michelle Murrain
Seminarian, Pacific School of Religion
michelle at murrain.net
Blog: http://www.pearlbear.us

AIM:pearlbear0
googletalk:michelle.murrain at gmail.com

"This is the big lie the world tells us: that the universe is
connected by trade agreements, electronic banking, computer networks,
shipping lanes, and the seeking of profit—nothing else. Whereas this
is the truth of God: all creation is one  holy web of relationships,
and gifts meant for all; that creation vibrates with the pain of all
its parts, because its true destiny is joy." --Julie Polter