[Techtalk] Recommendations for digital cameras

Tracey Clark tlclark at elenari.net
Thu Oct 13 22:41:18 EST 2005

And it was said by Dan->
> If you own a digital camera and you use it with Linux, I'm interested in
> knowing what brand/model it is and how easy it is to plug into your
> system. I'm also interested in what you think about the camera in
> general.

I have a Kodak EasyShare D200 (#?). With kamera & the gphoto back end it
just works. It's about 3 years old. I just hook it up via USB cable and
go.

I'd recommend against the EasyShare series because they want you to use
their proprietary charger/transfer dock that has Windows only software &
costs additional uneeded money. For the same money you can get another
decent camera without them trying to get you to buy another silly plastic
thingie. Like Elwings, it eats batteries like candy. They sell a battery
that can be recharged with their proprietary charger, but I skipped that
and just use standard rechargeable AA's.

On the positive side, the camera takes a standard SD memory card and takes
good pictures. It stores photos in JPEG format which can be read & edited
in any flavor of Linux.

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789