[Techtalk] Recommendations for digital cameras

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Wed Oct 12 22:00:33 EST 2005

I have an older camera (Nikon CoolPix 885) which uses Compact Flash
cards.  I never plug the camera directly into the computer because
the battery life is so bad on it.  I have a CF to PCMCIA adapter, and
Debian Linux sees it as a removable file system (Fat32/Vfat) without
any special configuration. (/dev/hdc1 in my case)

As for how I like the camera - It's old :)  I need 3-4 batteries to
last through a day of sightseeing, and it takes about 10-15 seconds
to "boot up" to take pictures.  I'm pretty sure that the new coolpixs
are much better than mine, but mine works, and I'm too cheap to buy a
new one yet :)
Takes beautiful pictures though.

Elwing