[Techtalk] ruby course?

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Sat Oct 8 05:43:25 EST 2005

Karine Delvare wrote:
> Sorry I was unclear, it was a free online book, described as very funny
> and easy to follow. I'll dig the archives to find it again.

Perhaps this was Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby ?
http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

I personally found this to have more non-Ruby content than was useful to
me - I kept getting distracted by the story and didn't end up learning
much (any) Ruby from it.  It is, however, the most unusual programming
teaching model I've ever seen or heard of, and my criticism may well say
more about my reading habits than about the book.

Rachel