[Techtalk] ruby course?

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Fri Oct 7 12:56:02 EST 2005

Laurel Fan wrote:

>On 10/6/05, Kjersti Bjørnestad Berg <kjersti.b.berg at start.no> wrote:
>

>>tor, 06,.10.2005 kl. 10.14 -0700, skrev Laurel Fan:
>>I'm currently learning ruby and rails myself, so a course would
>>definitely be interesting. Are you planning on doing one on the courses
>>list?
>>

>Right now I'm just seeing if anyone is interested.  I'm not sure I have time
>to teach a really long course, but if people are interested, I could probably
>come up with something short, or something like making a somewhat
>scheduled list of existing resources for people to go through and having
>questions and discussions on a courses sublist.

I would be interested in both ruby and ruby on rails - perhaps with a
preference for ruby on rails, because I have an immediate application
for that.

There was talk about setting up a "study group"  to learn ruby.  It was
to be a study group because no-one was able to teach it.  I was going to
organise it, but I never got around to it because of one thing and
another (health).

Just a suggestion: perhaps if you started something, you could write a
few lessons if you felt like it it, then could become more a study group
to go further when you ran out or time.

sue