[Techtalk] run disk druid in post-installation FC4

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Fri Nov 25 17:17:25 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005, Noir wrote:
> I have just added a new hard-disk in my FC4 system.  Does anyone know
> how can I run disk-druid to partition this disk? I can't seem to find
> the druid binary nor any related manpage. Do I need to boot it off the
> CD?

It seems from this page like you can only run it from the Fedora
installer:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc4/sn-disk-druid.html

It says "Disk Druid is an interactive program for editing disk
partitions. Users run it only within the Fedora Core installation
system."

I don't have a Fedora CD of any kind around to test with, but I'd try
rebooting the computer into the install CD and getting to the disk druid
step.

-Mary