[Techtalk] CVS question

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 25 13:28:55 EST 2005

Is there a way of preventing a particular user from making changes
to a project?

The scenario is this: we have a "general" user, used by the support
people to do various tasks.  We also have our internal website under
CVS.  I've just been put in charge of this.  One of the problems is
that people use the "general" user to make updates to the website,
when they should really be using their own logins.  Particularlly
annoying is that whoever-it-is is doing things that they're not
supposed to do, and I can't track them down to tell them to stop it.

So is there a way to say, *automatically*, when they try to check in
changes as this user, "sorry, you can't do that, try again logged in as
yourself".

Kathryn Andersen