[Techtalk] re: Linux Laptops

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 15:34:45 EST 2005

Hi, everyone,

--- linuxgirlie <linuxgirlie at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have never had any problems with any Toshiba, even
> the latest ones seem to work brilliant. I have had
> versions from 1999 to 2005 working>  fine running
Linux.

I agree with Jo.  You may need to download some
drivers for things like Winmodems (evil, those) but
otherwise it all works.  I have a Satellite 1805-S204
running Fedora Core 4 and a Libretto SS1010 (1998
vintage 233MHz tiny thing)   running Fedora Core 3
with all the heavy, resource intensive stuff stripped
out.

All the best,
Caity