[Techtalk] Fixing up live.linuxchix.org

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu May 26 18:49:19 EST 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005, Almut Behrens wrote:
> If it really is a subtantial problem for a significant portion of our
> readers (not sure, how many have complained?), why not just use tables?
> In this case it would most likely even work with the most ancient of
> browsers.  Any reason to avoid tables, except that it's of course
> fancier to use CSS layouting, these days...?

Well, that and that the somewhat limited design skills I have are in
CSS. I've *never* used a table based layout -- there's a high
probability I'd go through this again with one.

But I mostly asked because I thought that the parent post was going to
suggest a third way: not tables, not absolute positioning. I am curious
about this third way, even if I don't use it.

-Mary