[Techtalk] Wiki setup on FC

Chris Hardy lists at semioticpixels.com
Mon May 9 02:48:06 EST 2005

Do you mean that you're having trouble unpacking the wiki package that
you've downloaded?
If so, your google search should be along the lines of "file archives in
linux"

If your file ends in filename.tar.gz then tar -zxvf filename.tar.gz will
unpack it (or see alternatives at
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/DOS-Win-to-Linux-HOWTO-11.html)

After you've unpacked it, installation instructions are usually included in
the files.
Look for a file named INSTALL (vi can read it so in your terminal type "vi
INSTALL") or look for a directory called "docs".

If you haven't selected a wiki yet, you might be interested in this
comparison chart.
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:compare

Hth
-chris