[Techtalk] bash and sh

Doc Nielsen docnielsen at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:39:09 EST 2005

On 5/7/05, Wim De Smet <kromagg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/6/05, MMP - Barb Fox <mmp_fox at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > ksh is sh-compatible. The first line of the script file is referred to as a
> > "sh-bang," but it doesn't have to be #!/bin/sh. It is to be WHATEVER
> It's somethings also more generally called a "hash-bang". At least I
> have heared and read it referred as that. :-)

yeah, 'hash bang slash bin slash bash' ... thats how i trained myself
to remembering it.
Now i never forget the #!/bin/sh at the top of my scripts.
I am also politically correct in naming them .sh, so i can tell my
bins from my scripts.

-Doc
--
Evry little box should have a pat on the back by uid 0 at least once a day
Even a tux or a beastie needs love, just like I do :o)