[Techtalk] Perl/Python textbooks.

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Thu Mar 31 18:56:00 EST 2005

fenchurch at exorsus.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know a little bit of scripting - not very much, and what I do do is
> mostly yanked from MSDN and kludged around a bit. But I would like to
> learn how to do it properly, and I would really, really like the
> properness NOT to be VBScript.
>
> Can anyone recommend some textbooks or learning resources (web based is
> fine) for Perl and/or Python? I can read code more complicated than I can
> write myself but I don't have much programming experience overall. A bit
> of java, no more.

There are a number of resources mentioned in the Python course, I won't
bother to copy them here, clicking on the link is probably just as easy
for you.

http://www.linuxchix.org/content/courses/python/links.html

The course unfortunately didn't get very far, so there is not much else
in it that is of use.

If you have questions as you learn either language you will find lots of
people willing to help on the programming list, and probably here as well.

sue