[Techtalk] Re: [prog] Writting a program to automatically fetch webpages, and fill in forms.

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Thu Mar 24 23:42:26 EST 2005

Dan wrote:
> More importantly, you are limited to 1000 searches per day. So if you
> give this program to doctors, they will have to each register
> independently. It doesn't seem to be very difficult to register, but
> it's one more thing that the user has to set up.

Although I think that the search engines are independent from anyone
else if they are based on the google, there is no indication that google
tricks and will work in the situation.

Perhaps i should contact the sites themselves and ask them.  I have a
vague feeling that a limit on the number of searches was mentioned.  And
it was probably 1000, because at the time I thought it was high enough
not to be significant.  But it now occurs to me that it may depend how
these are calculated, and if searches by a number of doctors in the same
practice are summed together because they have the same IP address it
could become a problem.

sue