[Techtalk] Performance monitoring

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Sun Mar 20 06:17:22 EST 2005

I was wondering if people had suggestions for performance monitoring tools. In
particular, I'm looking for something like top but which includes history, and also
information on all the running processes (or at least the number of running
processes).

Also, I'm looking for something that can run on a server (no X, not even client).
So if there's something that will run as an agent that has a GUI I could run on
another system, that would be great. Something that would display info on a Web
page might be even better. MRTG is a possibility, but in an earlier performance
monitoring thread on techtalk, someone mentioned that because it's getting info
through SNMP, it would have trouble getting accurate readings on processor
utilization.

Thanks!

Jen