[Techtalk] Question: sed s option in a shell script

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Tue Mar 15 20:23:04 EST 2005

This discussion is a classic example of how geeks can't resist a chance
to optimise or improve.

>>	lame --preset standard "$FILE" "${FILE%.wav}.mp3"
>
> It seems lame does not like curly brackets.

lame shouldn't see the curly brackets. The "${FILE%.wav}" expands to the
same thing as $FILE, minus the the ".wav" at the end. However, it only
works in bash.

--
I think it was one of the most honest and accurate ads on the whole site!
     - Dom Ramsey, when eBay removed his offer of "absolutely nothing",